Saturday, November 10, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

Today is a beautiful fall day, the type we don't usually see as much of in November as we do in October.  The temperature is a gorgeous 63 and the sun is shining.  Given all that, it makes it extra hard to believe that we're very quickly starting to stare Thanksgiving in the face.  That's right...my absolute favorite holiday is less than two weeks away!

Christmas is always encroaching its way into our lives as soon as Halloween is over, but once Thanksgiving winds down, forget it.  It's here, in its full-blown and festive manner.

So when I stopped over my mom and dad's house this morning so Mr. My Blog for Bonnie could help them with a computer issue (I believe this is the #1 duty of all sons-in-law, to help their in-laws with computer glitches) I was so thrilled to see my mom already had a Christmas decoration up.

Turns out she got this pre-lit decoration from a local Christmas craft fair about a weekend ago.  She liked it so much that she's left it plugged in on their brick fireplace ledge ever since.  Me being me, I recognized a chance to play around in Color Splash and took a photo.  Here it is!  Cue "Merry Christmas, Darling" by The Carpenters....



No comments:

Post a Comment