Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Another Photo Evolution

I decided to play around with one of my many photo apps again.  A quick exploration of how this particular photo evolved:

The original photo!  This is unedited in my iPhone.  And yes, my husband is reading a book called "Effective Project Management."  I, on the other hand, can usually be found with something by Maeve Binchy.  Love her!



I moved on to Picfx, where I ran the "Police" filter over it, giving it a nice blue look.


Last but not least, I opened the new photo in Finger Focus.  This app allows you to zoom in on any part of your photo and direct focus on a particular element. In this case, I zeroed the focus in on Seamus, while the rest of the photo remained blurred.  



Photo editing:  I just can't stop!  I'm having a great time with it because this is something I never did in the past.  Seriously, how did people survive loading digital photos without their smart phones?  It was such a pain to insert the memory card in the computer, upload everything, then open the file and re-upload everything to a share site.  By the time all that was done, the last thing I wanted to do was any edits.  The exception would be the "auto correct" button in Shutterfly, or occasionally playing around with some color saturation.  I love how instant everything is on the iphone.  

You can usually find me playing around with photo editing while I'm watching TV, when I have a quick 5 minutes to myself, or on my days off when I'm relaxing in bed before getting the day started.  It's a new hobby that is holding me hostage!

No comments:

Post a Comment