Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I Made Buffalo Chicken Dip for Forty People, What of It?

 


It's going to be a busy week.  Frankenstorm is reaching its way into the midwest, and my commute home tonight was pretty silly.  I know we have nothing to complain about compared to people on the east coast, but still, listening to this wind outside is pretty disturbing.

In addition to dodging monsoons and hurricane-force winds this week, on Halloween, we're doing a dip potluck at work.  I've made Buffalo Chicken Dip on several occasions previously so I volunteered myself to make it.  I got a head start on making it tonight because I'm terrified the power will go out tomorrow.  Making Buffalo Dip by candlelight isn't exactly my idea of maintaining standards of normality during times of crisis.  So I made it tonight, will bake the two trays tomorrow, and then take them to work on Wednesday.

I need to stop here and let you know how much I love this dip.  Mr. My Blog for Bonnie and I have been known to make it and eat it for dinner on occasion. (we don't have kids so we're allowed to put absurd things into our bodies and call it a meal....right?)  It's great for a party and everyone who has ever tasted it has loved it!

This recipe comes from my mama, who, incidentally, was born and raised in Buffalo!  The measurements aren't exact, which is great, because you can adjust certain things as needed.  For instance, I kept the 2 trays of dip pretty mild since they'll be feeding a crowd, but for just my husband and I, or at a gathering of my immediate family, I would certainly crank up the Buffalo sauce and increase the heat!

Here's the recipe:

Buffalo Dip

1 rotisserie chicken, shredded

2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (if you do mild cheddar cheese, I don't want to hear about it!  Blah...does mild cheddar cheese even have a taste??)

Half of a bottle of ranch dressing (we typically use fat free or light)

2, 8-ounce blocks of cream cheese (again, I routinely use the Light version)

Frank's Red Hot Sauce....(start with a few glugs, mix it up and taste it.  If you need more, add it.  I guess to be more precise, start out using about 1/4 a cup and increase to 1/2 cup if needed)

Mix all ingredients together in the pan of your choosing.  Bake at 325 for 20 or so minutes, or until the dip is bubbling.

Here's to making it through a stormy week....and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!







No comments:

Post a Comment