Sunday, January 6, 2013

Downton Day is Here!



What a lovely sight to behold in the Sunday paper!

The Return of Downton Abbey is here!!  If you, like me, became positively enamored of this wonderful show, then you'll understand how excited I am.

I was late to the Downton Abbey party.  I had heard a lot of great things about it and discovered that Season 1 was on Netflix.  I watched the very first episode when I was visiting my lovely friend Meredith in Texas last February.  There was definitely an awesome "I'm on vacation" vibe to it.  It was late at night and I was in the guest bedroom under the covers.  I watched it in the bed on my iPad.  I was hooked!

I proceeded through the rest of the winter with Downton Abbey on the brain.  I caught episodes on the iPad whenever I could.  When I finished Season 1, I bought Season 2 on Amazon Prime since it wasn't yet available elsewhere.  I have a vivid memory of going out to lunch on a very snowy Saturday, then coming home and watching the first two episodes of Season 2 in the comfort of my home while it snowed outside.  It was blissful.

I've been waiting since March for the story to continue.  And tonight, it will!  The first episode is a whopper: 2 hours long.  Luckily I don't have to work tomorrow, otherwise I'd have a hard time waking up in the morning for sure.

If you haven't watched Downton yet, please do yourself a favor and catch up on it.  Maybe you'll become cool like me and buy this book after you finish watching it to fill yourself in on all of the British history from the period.  Or, maybe your mother can buy you a shirt that reads "Free Bates" for your birthday and you can wear it out repeatedly in public.  Or not. 

For those of you who have watched the previous two seasons, or who are curious about the show, here's the fantastic trailer for this season:


No comments:

Post a Comment